Surviving Mars: Food: Hydroponic Farm
From Yaser GamesJump to navigationJump to search
- Hydroponics requires no tech to build.
- Hydroponics can be set to fast producing crops to cover the gaps between farm harvests.
- Hydroponics is an inside job vs outdoor fungi farm (so gains immunity to outdoor events)
- What do do with left over 3 hex space?
- It still produces oxygen.
- The job slots count towards training botanists at academies to have spares.
- With the Utility Crops tech, Algae can be farmed in order to lower oxygen requirements by 1. This can be useful during a disaster. A Farm doing the same thing requires the Gene Adaptation tech, and also 3 times as much space and 4 times as much water.
- Much more efficient than a farm for planting seeds.