Civilization: Beyond Earth
Main: Main Page
|Comment||Sponsor||Trait||1st Trade Agreement||1st DC||2nd Trade Agreement||2nd DC|
|Strong Trait and mediocre Trade Agreements.||Al Falah||Yield from City Developments increased by (150%/ 175%/ 200%). City Developments are the production choice that lets you convert production into culture, science, etc.||Commercial Lobby: Capital Energy yield increased by (20%/ 25%/ 30%).||250, 25||Strategic Supply Network: Energy maintenance for Military Units reduced. (10%, 15%, 20%)||75, 9|
|Ineffective Trait and Trade Agreement.||ARC||Covert Operations complete (30%/ 40%/ 50%) faster and require 1 less intrigue level to attempt.||Field Recruitment: Covert Agents are recruited at a higher rank than normal. (1, 1, 2)||75, 9||Special Ops:Covert Operations are faster to complete (25%/ 35%/ 50%).||75, 9|
|For a completioninst like me, a very good Trait, but not the best to have and horrible to face. Strong Trade Agreement.||Pan-Asian Cooperative||The first Wonder built in every City is free and builds instantly. (+1/ +2/ +3) Diplomatic Capital from Wonders.||Public Works: Energy maintenance for buildings in your Capital reduced.||150, 15||National Land Management: More Production from Strategic Resources.||150, 15|
|Neither worth starting with or have as an ally.||North Sea Alliance||Aquatic cities have (50%/ 60%/ 75%) more Strength and cost (50%/ 60%/ 75%) less Production to move.||Officer Training Command: Aquatic Cities have more Combat Strength.||150, 15||Hydroengineering Corps: Increased Production for Naval Units.||150, 15|
|Strong Trait and Very strong Trade Agreements.||Franco-Iberia||Gain 1 free Virtue for every (10/ 9/ 8) Virtues earned with Culture.||Philanthropy: Production costs for City buildings that produce Culture reduced (15%/ 20%/ 25%).||75, 9||Think Tanks: Culture cost for new Virtues reduced (10%/ 15%/ 20%).||250, 25|
|Neither worth starting with or have as an ally.||Slavic Federation||Level 1: All Orbital Units Strategic Resource requirements reduced by 1. Start with 4 Petroleum, Titanium, and Geothermal resources.
Level 2: Gain 2 Petroleum, Titanium, and Geothermal resources. Level 3: All Orbital Units Strategic Resource requirements reduced by 2.
|Crash Program: Production cost for Orbital Units in your Capital reduced.||25, 3||Civilian Observatories: All active Orbital Units produce more Science.||25, 3|
|Mediocre Trait and Trade Agreements||Chungsu||Level 1: Start with one free Covert Agent. Each successful Covert Operation in a foreign City rewards 10 Science per Agent rank.
Level 2: Each successful Covert Operation in foreign City rewards 15 Science per Agent rank. Level 3: Gain one additional Covert Agent. Each successful Covert Operation in a foreign City rewards 30 Science per Agent rank.
|National Science Foundation: Science cost for Branch technologies reduced (6%/ 8%/ 10%).||150, 15||Academic Lobby: Capital Science yield increased (12%/ 16%/ 20%).||250, 25|
|Very strong Trait and Trade Agreements||Polystralia||(2/ 3/ 3) free Trade Route slots in the Capital, and (1/ 1/ 2) free Trade Route slot in all other cities.||Tax Haven: Additional free Trade Route slot in your Capital Capital. (1, 2, 3)||75, 9||Market Deregulation: Trade route Population thresholds reduced.||150, 15|
|Weak trait, very strong Trade Agreements||Kevithan Protectorate||Culture and Energy costs to acquire new City plots are reduced by (30%/ 40%/ 50%).||Central Health Authority: More Health from your Capital (+3/ +4/ +5).||75, 9||Self-Reliance: Unhealth from global Population reduced (10%/ 15%/ 20%).||250, 25|
|Mediocre trait and trade agreements. But it's free DC from the trade Agreement, and having discounts could increase the odds of them buying one of your agreements.||INTEGR||Agreements cost (50%/ 60%/ 75%) less Diplomatic Capital Purchasing Units and buildings cost (25%/ 50%/ 75%) less Diplomatic Capital.||War of Ideas: War Score points increased by a percentage.||250, 25||Party Politics: Increased Diplomatic Capital from your Capital. (3, 5, 10)||25, 3|
|Mediocre trait and weak Trade Agreement.||Brasilia||War Score points increased by (30%/ 40%/ 50%). Gain 1 Diplomatic Capital for each Unit killed in combat.||Castle Doctrine: More defense Strength in your Capital.||150, 15||Outpost Militia: Outposts have more Strength and can perform strikes.||75, 9|
|Mediocre trait and weak Trade Agreement.||African Union||(+10/ +15/ +25) Growth in Cities when Healthy. All Specialist Citizens produce (1/ 1/ 2) extra yield.||Social Safety Net: Higher Population growth in Capital.||150, 15||Pioneering Spirit: Higher outpost growth speed.||25, 3|
Considering the Development trait of Al-Falah, Engineers providing +2 Production is the best starting type. Increasing production early on is really powerful in it self. More food would require time to result in a new citizen that would then be able to result in production, while consuming health. Also, initial yield is low.
Soldier is the strongest starting unit.
Tectonic Scanners allow for seeing Titanium from the start. They do not initially add anything but yield 3 production when improved with a mining, in addition to the +1 from the mine.
Restart until you get a coast start with Titanium on either plains or grassland.
- Grassland: 4 food, 1 production (+1 Energy with River).
- Plains: 3 food, 2 production (+1 Energy with River).
- Hills: 2 Food, 2 production (+1 Energy with River) (31.4 Defense instead of the normal 26.4 Defense).
- Desert Hill: 2 Food, 2 production, 1 Energy.
Landing on Basic Resources such as Fungus (+1 Food) removes it.
Adaptive Science gives +20% more Affinity. This is not recoverable retroactively, so it needs to be activated as soon as possible.
This tree was of much greater value before expansions of the game provided more ways to increase health.
Its 2nd synergy tier is really good, giving 1 health per city.
- Adaptive Tactics: +50% XP from combat
- Military-Industrial Complex: +15% Production towards Military Units
- Public Security: +0.25 Health for every Military Units under your command
- Adaptive Sciences: +20% Affinity earned from researching technologies
- Pioneering: enables building the first colonist.
- Chemistry: Enables Recycler, boosting production with 3 after Quest.
Notable buildings quests rewards:
|Building (tech level/leaf)||Notable reward||Alternative reward|
|Institute (2)||Free Technology (one time)||+5% Science|
|Holosuite (2)||Free Virtue (one time)||+2 Culture|
|Recycler (1)||+10% Worker speed (Global)||+1 Food|
|Feedsite Hub (2)||+10% Worker speed (Global)||+1 Covert Agent (Global)|
|Civil Crèche (3)||+10% Worker speed (Global)||+5% Food|
|Alien Preserve (1 leaf)||All Units +5 healing (Global)||+1 Science, +1 Energy|
|Organ Printer (Supremacy 8)||All Units +10 healing (Global)||+10% City Health|
|Laboratory||Explorer Units gain 1 additional Expedition Module (Global)||+1 Science|
|Observatory||+2 Naval Unit Movement (Global)||+2 City Strength|
|Cloning Plant||10% Food carried over after city growth||+1 Health|
|Petrochemical Plant||+2 Culture from Petroleum||+2 Production from Petroleum|
|Xenofuel Plant||+3 Energy and +2 Production from Xenomass||+1000 Energy (one time)|
|CEL Cradle||10% Food carried over after city growth||+1 Covert Agent (Global)|
|Alloy Foundry||+2 Production from Titanium||+4 Titanium (Global)|
|Growlab||1 Free Population in each of your cities (one time)||+450 Energy (one time)|
|Optical Surgery||+1 Visibility range for Military Units (Global)||+2 Science|
- Build the first colonist as fast as possible. You have no need of the extra health that you start with.
- Build a few of each of the fist units also as fast as possible. They will become a whole lot more expensive as the game progresses.
- Don't forget to build boats. They are available from the start of the game and contribute a whole lot to fast exploration.
- Also, don't forget that units can embark from the start of the game.
- Starting with soldiers allows for a more aggressive start. Both Explorers and Workers can be built later. Explorers are not as useful early on as using their ability to excavate would halt exploration. Workers make no exploration and take a lot of time to build a single improvement, and early exploration yields higher return in the form of Resource pods. Use the energy to buy the first Colonist. The Explorer is useful for fast exploration in jungle terrain, but those needs to first be pinpointed. So start the game with:
- you start with a Soldier and an Explorer.
- Patrol Boat - they have twice the movement rate of ground units.
- Soldier - to explore new found land.
- Patrol Boat - to explore the other direction
Never attack or loot one of their nests during the early game. It will seriously hamper your exploration.