Surviving Mars: Colonists: Interests: Relaxation
Relaxation is a basic Interest shared by all colonists except those with the Workaholic trait or those that are specialized as Geologist or Medic.
The following is a list of sources for satisfying Relaxation interests.
Decorations have Comfort level 40. Parks are unmanned, and thus are inexpensive on one hand, but on the other hand, competent personnel can not increase its Comfort level.
The Comfort level can be increased in the following way:
- The Commander Profile "Ecologist": Service Comfort of decorations increased by 10
- Martian Festivals (Social tech, 12-19): All Decorations have +10 Service Comfort.
- Hippie (colonist trait): Gains twice as much Comfort in gardens and parks.
The Hippie trait is exceptionally useful, as it increases the service level of parks from 40 to 80.
I can't see any real use for the two techs that increase comfort, not even when combined to reach 60 Comfort. By then, a most Domes should be advanced and populous enough to have a much higher standards than 60.
The main benefits from Parks is to prevent the colonist from losing Comfort due them being unable to relax.
Spacebar: Comfort level 60
- Infirmary: Comfort level higher than 40 (how much?) with Rejuvenation Treatment (tech 12-19).
- Medical Center: Comfort level higher than 70 (how much?) after researching Rejuvenation Treatment (tech 12-19).
- Hanging Gardens: Comfort level 100 after researching Hanging Gardens (tech 12-19).